View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM   #44
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSun View Post
This implies that the younger generation are either Internet dependent, or don't have Internet access at all... Neither of which are accurate, OR related to what I've observed as a preference for paper books.
I said no such thing. But, I do say that the digital age is here and what one does with it will be up to them, It has not hit everywhere on this vast planet as of yet, but it will eventually. Progress is a funny thing. It has a way of sneaking up on you and before you know it, it is here. Nothing is absolute, but if you think this younger generation is not more fully immersed in this digital age than the older generation is, then I do believe that you are wrong. The facebooks, twitters, tumblrs, pininterest of the world is not going anywhere. Tablets, phablets, chromebooks, smartphones are here to stay and will get more numerous. Paper books will always be around, but I believe they will become a niche products just as LPs are to the music world.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote