View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #78
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
For a lot of reasons I agree with dwanthy's opinion. The complexity is already extremely high, and templates would make it worse.

However, I am willing to add composite columns as a source field. It provides a template facility, but it does so in a way that makes the choice between source fields explicit and obvious. Of course, the composite fields cannot be a destination, and wouldn't be offered as one.

Imagine you set up a composite as '{series} - {series_index} {title}'. Specify this as the source. Use a regexp '^(- )**' and a null replacement. Set the destination to title (or wherever). For books with series Foo index 1, the result is 'Foo - 1 - Title'. Without series, you get 'Title'.
I don't think it's really worth the trouble, if it's that complex. It works fine for me as is, it just requires a bit manual labour.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote