View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 06:51 AM   #76
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I am not sure what you are trying to do. Are you setting the title?

In any event, you get one source field and one destination field. Both must be text type. It sounds like you want two source fields, series and series_index? Or perhaps even three: title, series, and series index? This was what the 'input template' was for. As noted above, I didn't end up building that because of problems with multiple-value columns (tags, for example). The tags source field is not the same as a template containing {tags}. In the tags==source case, the expression is applied on a tag-by-tag basis. In the template case, the expression would be applied once across the entire set of tags. It it hard to explain the two different behaviors.

Do I have votes? Should the template be provided, even though {tags} is not the same as the 'tags' source field?
What I was trying to do, exactly, is using series and series index to prepend the title field, as I automatically wanted to create the {series} {series_index} - {title} arrangement that I like for series books.
Actually, never mind, it just occured to me that I can do this by creating one of those composed custom columns.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote