View Single Post
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #12
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post

Well, it sounds easy enough, but it is not always so. We had a client that had an extremely important introductory "note" in his book--in fact, I believe I've posted here about it at some length--which included clues for a (real life) treasure hunt. We set the SRL to that Note/Intro. We tested the book extensively, of course; but post-upload, once the book was on sale, the SRL was absolutely altered. I had a month-long argument with Amazon about it which resulted not in Amazon changing the SRL, but instead, with us moving the frontmatter about so that the SRL was after the TOC, not before. This is the reason that I mentioned the entire matter.

Hitch
Hi Hitch;

I understand your problem and your position. Just a thought; did you try to set the TOC at the END of the book (that also has logic)? In that case, the SRL, by force, has to be BEFORE the TOC. By doing so, if the SRL must be AFTER the TOC, then Amazon will have to change not only the start reading but also the layout of the book and this would be to exceed the author's will.

Rubén
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote