View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #1596
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtB View Post
I then drag it into Greg's plug in. When I look at the metadata of the book in Calibre, the highlights are there [as "comments"].
Exactly. The highlights and notes are "extra" metadata in calibre.

Quote:
However, if I open the book in Calibre [in the native e-book browser] or put in a DropBox and reimport into Marvin, all the bookmarks/highlights cannot be seen. In fact in Marvin, the bookmarks and highlights dialog boxes are blank (as if the bookmarks no longer exist and are lost).
Neither the plugin not Marvin ever modify the EPUB file (this is by design). To reimport your *.mrv files into a book in Marvin, send that mrv file to yourself by email, open it in Marvin and Marvin will add the highlights, notes and whatnot to the book. Note that *.mrvi files cannot be imported in Marvin. .mrvi is just for export (for now).

Quote:
Am I not re-importing the .mrv file properly (through the Calibre plug in)? Do I need to do something different to restore the highlights back into the Marvin book so they are visible? How do I e-mail/share the .mrv file to another Marvin user so he can see the highlighted book just as I highlighted it (not in an invisible "comments" file)?
Just send them as an attachment and "open in" Marvin (remember you can only do this for .mrv not .mrvi).

Quote:
If there is an answer, This might be useful to add to the Marvin site blog on "annotations.
Yes. I made a note of this.