View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #373
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I have not followed Calibre recently. So Calibre can change only the meta data and not touch the content? What is the command line for changing for example the author in the meta-data and not touching book data?

I just think it is very good if Calibre can do everything mobi2mobi can do since it is more up to date and support some of the strange features of the mobi format better.
Tome... I'm not familiar with using the CLI tools that come with Calibre... I use the GUI. Yes, you can change the metadata only. Since the Calibre GUI just drives the CLI tools, I expect you can do it at the CLI.

However, this person was asking about getting the m2m GUI working. I was just recommending an alternative GUI tool that would allow him to make changes to mobi metadata.

Once again, don't think I was putting down your great effort... it was the only game in town when you first donated it to the community and I used it quite a bit.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote