View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 02:15 PM   #1
omahawildcat
Enthusiast
omahawildcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
borders store switched to kobo

So I live in the US and I bought a KObo from borders.

I was introduced to KOBO through shortcovers. shortcovers e reader was installed on my palm pre phone so I used that to purchase and read books. Obviously shortcovers became KObo so I ended up being a KObo user and thats where I first saw the KObo ereader. I didn't even know the ereader was backed by borders until I started researching it more.

Anywho,

When I first got my ereader I went to the wifi store and noticed it was borders. I was confused as to how to get my kobo books onto it. I found that you can download the Kobo desktop app just like the borders desktop app and I used that to download my kobo books onto the reader.

Now when I go into the ereaders wifi store it brings up the Kobo store. It's great now as I can download the newspapers and magazines on a regular basis that I get on KOBo since Borders doesn't provide the newspaper and magazine subscriptions.

My ? is if in the future I decide to purchase books from borders since I'm a rewards member and I use the borders desktop app to transfer the books to the ereader will my wifi store change back to borders?

Not sure I care right now but incase I want to switch back to Borders I want to know if my ereaders store will switch as well.
omahawildcat is offline   Reply With Quote