View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #22
dmacmart
Fanatic
dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmacmart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Glo, Arc, H2O, iPhone, iPad 2, (husband)Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Strnad View Post
Question:

In the previous version, Brant and Tom left the kid, Josh, tied up in the house when they steal the car to go rescue Peg. In the revision, I had Brant shoot the kid. Some people feel that killing any child in fiction is crossing a line that shouldn't be crossed. I thought that the killing spoke to Brant's state of mind.

Any thoughts on this?
The scene was shocking. I didn't think it crossed any uncrossable line, as this child was no longer a "human child" and the action was necessary and understandable.
dmacmart is offline   Reply With Quote