View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
After the tactics used by the publishers in recent days it's no surprise amazon is striking back. I just didn't expect it this fast.

Personally I think this is good news for the consumer this should result to cheaper prices. And with the middle man cut out more money goes to the authors.
What I find worrying about this isn't the publisher relations, but that the author deals with Amazon exclusively. I realize that I'll probably be able to strip drm from Kindle4pc soon, but right now I can't buy something from the Kindle store and get it to my Cybook. I'd really prefer to see Authors use some service that lets books go to any retailer and format, instead of limiting things to just one.
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote