View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
include in other collection?

I have a collection of 4 fairy stories that I'm going to be publishing as Dragons and Dreams: bedtime stories. Each story is about 5 pages long, and the mood arc goes from silly (A Princess for Tea) to more serious and lyrical (Child of Promise).

I'm currently working on another story (Heart of Rock), that will have 3 parts. Each part is a complete story in itself, but it takes all 3 to get the whole story. At the current rate of writing, it looks like it may be a total of 8 pages or so for all 3 parts, unless I can figure out what to add to lengthen it.

My question is: do I include the 3 parts of Heart of Rock in with the other stories? if so, where do I put it? If I put it at the end, after Child of Promise, it rather ruins the emotional arc of the collection. If I put it in between the silly stories and the more serious ones, it works with the emotional arc, but logically it seems to fall apart because you have the 3 sections, and then going on to another story entirely.

Heart of Rock was originally intended to be a booklet of its own, but unless I can think of some way to lengthen in, there just doesn't seem enough there there to warrant being its own document.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote