View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:41 PM   #83
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chilady1 View Post
PilotBob - I did get it to work and the problem was the metadata file which many said over a few posts. As soon as I got the right metadata file loaded, all was good. However, I have discovered a new issue. I updated some books on my netbook in Calibre however, the books did not update when I opened up Calibre on my desktop. I have both Calibre libraries pointed to my Dropbox account so I assumed that the files were updating on Dropbox. Any suggestions?
My metadata.db file is around 6meg in size and this file is locked while Calibre is opened. In order for it to update Dropbox you must exit Calibre and wait until Dropbox updates the file before you shutdown the computer or change computers.

If you shutdown Computer-A before the 6 meg file can uploaded to Dropbox, when you go to Computer-B you will find the work you did on Computer-A missing. The updated metadata.db file still exists on you Computer-A but because it never had a chance to update Dropbox it is not available to Computer-B.

If you exit Computer-B and go to Computer-A and start Calibre you'll find the changes missing here too because Dropbox has updated your machine with the most recent updated file (from Computer-B). Exit Calibre before considering the following.

The metadata.db file with all of your changes didn't disappear it is now in the same directory as your metadata.db but has been labeled as a "conflicted copy" on my machine my last "conflicted copy" was named metadata (Computer-A's conflicted copy 2010-06-08).db Read these two (one, two) posts for more info.

At this point I can rename metadata.db to metadata.old.db and rename my "conflicted copy" version of metadata.db to metadata.db. Now when I restart Calibre all of the work that was missing is back again.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-13-2010 at 04:40 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote