View Single Post
Old 02-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Free book is suddenly $9.99

Now and then I search the free books. Seldom do I keep one after finishing the sample, but a couple I did find good.

The other day (using the "-domain" to remove the old classics) I found one titled "The Whiskey Rebels: A Novel" by David Liss which sounded good. I got the sample, and about half way through that, realized I wanted the whole book.

I did a search of it to be sure, and it still was free, so downloaded the full book to the Kindle. Then, I got the email from Amazon stating the cost was $9.99!

I called Amazon, and they checked and found it was that price, even though I explained what I had done before getting it to be sure it was still free. They were kind enough to give me a credit, which is typical of their good customer relations.

Just now I went to check the free books again. It was still there among all the other free books before and after it, but it had the $9.99 price.

So, what do they do, list them as free until somebody gets one, and then immediately chage it to $9.99?

The whole thing is a bit weird, but can't complain as still got it at no cost with the credit, but something is goofy.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote