View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #960
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Is there any reason the "Fullscreen" option has been removed? Personally, I'd prefer every inch of extra reading space and don't have particular use for a bar at the bottom in most documents. Could that be added back?

As for the semantics of setting up the page, if I may make a suggestion, I'd say that the more simple it is, the better.

There should be exactly one option for Autocrop: Its level. Where 0 means no autocrop and everything above crops by a certain threshold in gray.

When autocrop is active, the document behaves exactly as if we were dealing with it's cropped version. No tricks.

A second setting determines the number of columns by which the Next and Previous buttons operate.

Then, orthogonal to that, we have zoom.

So in summary

--- Page Settings ---
Autocrop: 0-10
Number of Columns: 1-...
--- Zoom Actions ---
Zoom to Width
Zoom to Height
Zoom by Percent
...etc...
--- Tool Selection - Joystick ---
Zoom and Pan (up and down zoom, left and right pan left and right)
Pan (all directions pan)
--- Tool Selection - Pen ---
Zoom
Pan
Annotate (Pen)
Annotage (Eraser)
...etc...

< and > buttons advance forwards, respectively backwards through the document by the setting "Number of Columns".

This is a minimal set of options, allowing for maximum flexibility. Do you reckon with any usecase which is not covered by that?

Last edited by ManDay; 11-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote