View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #62
atordo
Connoisseur
atordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to beholdatordo is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Touch
Special characters

First of all, thanks for making this, together with the extend package it's gonna be very useful to me.

I see you have included in the keyboard letters for other languages (the keys labeled ã/F and Ã/£) for which I'm grateful, but I'm not able to make them work. The keys will blink when pressed, but nothing appears on screen. Those are some relevant environment variables on my kindle:
Code:
LANG=es_ES.utf8
LC_ALL=es_ES.utf8
XTERM_LOCALE=C
I've also tried changing XTERM_LOCALE to es_ES.utf8 to no avail. This happens both in local and in a remote host via ssh (also tried changing locales there).

As it is, the app is of great usefulness to me if only to "vi /mnt/us/whatever.txt" and take notes (I'm confortable with vi), but if I could input the needed characters to properly spell my language, it would be, well, more useful

TIA.
atordo is offline   Reply With Quote