View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #36
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If the price here in Massachusetts is $350 and I get it from a vendor in Massachusetts then we get charged %5 sales take for a cost of $367.50. But, if I was to rder one online from a vendor who does not have a presence in Massachusetts, then I don't have to pay sales tax. Just shipping. But a lot of vendors don't charge shipping if I spend enough so maybe just $350 would be the cost. Worst case would be adding shipping which would cost less then sales tax.
On that note, we in the US just dodged a bullet: Congress has postponed (again) a resolution to force all states to charge sales taxes for all online sales, not just the state from which you are ordering (if the store is in the same state as you). It will probably come up again, but most likely sometime after the elections are over.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote