View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The difference will basically be down to how well written the converter is. Kovid's DOCX conversion with calibre is very well written and produces beautiful output, but uses unique style names which do not make it easier to edit after the fact.

Toxaris' addon for Word and writer2epub both produce EPUBs that many people find useful, but I don't know which one is *better*.
Thanks eschwartz. I just read about all these weird hyphenation issues with Calibre (eg. mothe-r) at the ends of lines, and so I'm wanting to stay with Sigil. But am I okay starting with .odt, then say doing the Writer2Epub then to Sigil? I just need a process that works for me (with no booby traps that show up in ereaders once the book is out there).
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote