View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #94
calvin-c
Guru
calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.calvin-c ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moon+ Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
Is it just me, or is December 2012 turning out to be a really bad month for eBook readers? First Fictionwise and now all the changes at Baen. (And yes, I've downloaded everything I ever bought there again today.)
In the US many contracts are ended/implemented in Dec for tax purposes-so it makes sense that Dec is always an 'active' month. This year it turns out to be downwardly active. It's a shame about the prices rising but I'm more concerned about them adding DRM. I've bought a lot of Baen books in either pback or as ebooks-and most of the ebooks I've bought from their site simply because they don't seem to like DRM any more than I do. OTOH I've also found their site confusing. Particularly since I could find different books depending on how I accessed them. I suspect their approach (sort of a "give the customer a break") attracted few marketing professionals-and their site organization showed it.
calvin-c is offline   Reply With Quote