Thread: Android [WIP] Overclocking the PE
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 PM   #6
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
I would think that another kernel would be possible. I'd hope that the differences in a standard android kernel and what we have may have more to do with the changes entourage wanted to make and not the eInk side itself since the code that deals with the eInk are seemingly standalone applications (binaries not installed via the standard Android apks, but included in the original "rom" update.zip).

That being said, I wonder if just using a "stock" kernel would work then add the entourage binaries/libs to that would get a somewhat "working" update.zip for the PE. The worst that should happen in the event that it doesn't boot is to "flash" with the working update.zip again since the "bootloader" code that loads the android image is not replaced during the update.zip procedure.

Last edited by tekknogenius; 05-23-2012 at 07:19 PM.
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote