Thread: DR1000 Patch for DR1000 firmware
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #268
MrWarper
Zealot
MrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it isMrWarper knows what time it is

Device: I'm an iRex man: 8x DR1000S, 4x DR800SG, 4x DR800S
Release 0.14 review

Installed on my personal DR. No new problems so far. My findings...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
This version adds/changes:
- Annotated documents automatically get a 'anno_new'-tag, so they can be selected using a tag-filter.
Do you mean annotated with Xournal? I have a PDF with normal scribbles on it (not part of the PDF), and it doesn't show when I look up 'all annotations'.

Quote:
- Menu structure changed to allow quicker access to Tools.
Perfect, I wanted to suggest this. Much better in accessibility terms.
Now it would be extra nice if the menu could be sorted a bit further (basically, group single-file / multiple file / folder actions).

Quote:
- Allow alternative (i.e. Open With...) items to be added with alt.ini
I have to test this yet, but sounds like a good idea.

Quote:
- Added 'Filename' button to properties dialog...
Cool. A problem I detected in v13: even for carefully crafted PDFs ('title' and 'author' shown correctly in 'info') or files with metadata manually set in the DR, 'properties' shows the same value (=title) for both instead of the proper values.

Quote:
- Added 'Tags' settings dialog to manage ... tags.
Very good, but the tag targeted by the buttons isn't highlighted (not a big problem unless you look away and back). It would make a better replacement for your dialog to sort the home page items if you could only add a checkbox in front of each (for visibility)...

...which reminds me there are two items that never become visible on the 'start page': they are labelled 'store' and 'lastread' in that dialog. What are those?

I can lend a hand with documentation and localization. I have attached updated schemas with Spanish. Everything with <long> and <short> elements still appears in English, though, so I guess I can use a hand with the XML format.

Now, more about the new release:
-Languages:
Start page icon title respect locale settings now; descriptions (listcontent mode) are still in English. Locale is fully respected for the shortcuts under 'settings', though. Nice HX icon, BTW.
Breadcrumbs right below the top led show internal tag names instead of the start page icon titles.
-BSOD: this is less deadly now. If you switch to listview mode, shut down and turn the reader on, you get the BSOD regardless of your 'start page' being the main menu or the SD card folder. Resetting does not fix it but the setting is not saved on the card, so if you shut down and turn the reader back on it boots OK then.

I think I had a few more, but I can't recall them right now. On another note, I don't know if these suggestions belong here:
-Store annotations (and maybe other stuff) in parallel SQLite files (just like Xournal does) instead of a centralized one. They are not relevant for folder display anyway, and this way they can be sent over, moved around with the file they belong to, etc.
-If/when the above is solved, a tool to move files and folders around so we don't depend on computers to do basic stuff.
Attached Files
File Type: zip mckxes.zip (13.5 KB, 365 views)

Last edited by MrWarper; 04-02-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Forgot the attachment, as usual...
MrWarper is offline   Reply With Quote