View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 05:14 AM   #355
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't know how anyone can read anything on the PW on size 2. It's so tiny. You would want a thin font if you read on that size or you wont be able to make out the letters too well.
It depends.

When I'm reading in bed, without my glasses, I tend to hold the PW significantly closer. (I'm quite myopic.) Then I can easily read the smallest size fonts on the PW.

I have gradually come to the conclusion that I find sans-serif typefaces easier to read. It's true that it doesn't look quite as 'literary', but to me the increased readability trumps that. (This is probably because I do most of my reading on-screen these days, and on moderate-resolution displays serif fonts have a tendency to look smeared.)

I used to use Futura on the PW, but in the end I found the sharp corners on 'M' etc. to be too disconcerting. Now I use Verdana, which I find works pretty well. I use the smallest size when reading in bed, and size 2 or 3 out of bed.
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote