View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:39 AM   #5
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
Need some advice.

Size: No more than 9"?? Am used to 7" NC

I saw that Office Depot had the Lenova ThinkPad K1 for $299 on clearance. Kindle Fire is $199; Nook Tablet 8GB is $199;

I want a good clear picture no matter what a do. Wi-Fi definately.

Any thoughts?
You mentioned that you might want a smaller tablet. If I'm not mistaken, the Lenovo ThinkPad K1 has a 10.1-inch screen. I believe the Le Pan II that Jim mentioned has a 9.7-inch screen.

I have two tablets: a 7" Acer Iconia A100 and a 10.1" Acer Iconia A500. I use the smaller one more often for e-reading, as I find that more awkward on the larger tablet. I also use the 7" tablet more often as a portable device (to listen to music mostly). I use the larger tablet for web-surfing and watching movies. I do enjoy movies on the 7" tablet too, which surprised me. The larger tablet is heavier and bulkier, so that may be something to keep in mind.

You might want to consider the 7" Lenovo Ideapad A1. There's a rather long thread about it here, which was started before it was released. You may be more interested in the posts near the end of that thread. I don't recall if it meets all of your specifications.

If you can wait a while, keep an eye out for the Asus MeMo 370T—a 7" quad-core tablet for $250—which is scheduled for release in the second quarter this year. Here is an article about that one. (That's the one that may also come out in a $199 Google version. See this link.)

Also, someone mentioned in another forum today that he/she recently bought a new 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 7 Plus for $299, but I don't know where it was purchased.

Lots of choices! I hope you'll let us know what you choose.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 03-07-2012 at 03:52 AM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote