View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 02:04 PM   #12
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Looks interesting, but it doesn't exactly bode too well when the manufacturer of the device can only provide a CG mockup instead of actual pictures of a prototype.
I was wondering about that too. Assuming this is actually real, and they are planning on a Fall 2009 release, you'd think they would have pictures available. I'd like to see some confirmation from iRex that this is a real product. The only thing they've hinted at on their site is that they're working on a color eInk device for 2011. I've never seen any mention of a new consumer level device for 2009.

That might be because they don't want to impact the iLiad sales by making an official announcement this early. I would assume that the iLiad is likely to be discontinued when the new device is released (assuming it exists).
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote