View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
Shadowplay
Groupie
Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shadowplay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I suppose it was only a matter of time before George R. R. Martin popped up.

The Song of Ice and Fire series is very well written, with deep characters and believable motivations... but... I just can't for the life of me get through it all. I own the first 2 books in hard cover and I've attempted to read them twice now. Both times I've made it about half way into the 2nd book before I just can't do it anymore. I definitely enjoyed the first book and the things it hinted at, but that 2nd book just grinds me into apathy about it all. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe I just need to push through to get onto the rest of the material except I don't feel I should have to push through anything when reading for pleasure!
Shadowplay is offline   Reply With Quote