View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #29
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
As long as there is a theoretical possibility of an electronic device interfering with a plane's electronics, then I am OK with the rules. Even if current tablets and phones pose no hazard, the FAA is not in a position to anticipate any and all electronics that may come into use in the future and pose a potential threat. So they maintain a blanket rule just to keep things simple and theoretically safe. And it's really no hardship for most people -- unless you have a big head and an inflated sense of self like Alec Baldwin. I'm glad they booted him off the plane.

When it comes to air safety, the more rules the better. As long as they make some sense. It's unfortunate we live in a time when this is the case, but it is what it is. I still find taking off my shoes at the airport to be unpleasant. But I'd rather be safe than sorry.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote