View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #22
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Sorry tuppence, no idea what else you could do! It is obviously not the device that is the problem, since you have a replacement. I'd hate to have a new kindle and not be able to use it

Harry, sorry, I am just totally taken aback. I always thought that if I take my, say, US Kindle anywhere in the world, I would still be able to access the US store. I can use it in Germany for what it's worth. Could this be a restriction imposed by the Egyptian government for religious motives, I wonder? Maybe a recent change after the Arab Spring?
Well, part of it is that the stores are likely looking at the IP of the device trying to access the store. If the IP isn't from the right region, deny it. It'd be to prevent someone from buying a US device to buy US books from the UK for example.

As crappy as the situation is, is it possible to download the books and copy them over USB in the short term while the IT folks investigate?
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote