View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilWayz View Post
I think what i'm looking for is a way to import my library to another computer running calibre, if that's possible. If i copy my library to the nw computer, can ii just point calibre to the new folder and have it automatically detect everything in there?
Yes - that is exactly what you do. Just copy the whole Calibre library folde and all its contents to the new computer; install calibre on the new computer; and then start calibre on that computer and when it asks where the library is installed give it the new location. If you had calibre up and running on the new computer before you did the copy, then click on the big Library icon, and you can then specify the new location.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote