View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #12
DArenson
ebookworm
DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!DArenson rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kobo, Kindle
What I love about 2010 is that finally there's some healthy competition to the big publishers. Every day, more readers are shifting from print to digital. Many indie publishers and indie authors are now able to find readers online -- in the Kindle store, in iBookstore, in the Sony store, etc. A few years ago, the big publishers controlled EVERYTHING. Things are being shaken up now. Steven wrote, "More consolidation, less choice, and less ability to boycott the ones you hate." But I think we have MORE choice than ever this year, and we'll see more choices as time goes by. Three years ago, just thinking about the state of publishing (and the world of literature) depressed me. But this year I'm exciting about where things are going.
DArenson is offline   Reply With Quote