View Single Post
Old 07-28-2014, 04:01 AM   #9
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
OK, that looks bad indeed. It even looks a bit like hardware failure, but that just has to be a coincidence if other images - like the screensaver ones - do display fine. However, there might be a slight chance that the eink waveforms are broken (for certain update methods only). But given the circumstances, my bet is still on software issues or data issues. Do you see similar issues with other images, like book covers, PDF files from completely different sources? You say it affects "screenshots" - however, this is not a technical category of images in a PDF. There, you would have "pixel based" images and vector graphics. For the former, PDF knows about a multitude of different encodings.

I'd really get in touch with Amazon CS. There is - as far as I know - only a general CS for Kindle issues, not specialized ones for different categories of problems.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote