View Single Post
Old 07-18-2014, 03:20 AM   #4
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Can you provide a picture of the screen to better explain what you mean by "blurred"? Of course, the screen is "only" 1200x824px, so the resolution certainly doesn't allow for a lot of fine detail. But I'm not sure yet what you are dealing with here.

As for knc1's question: I think what he was up to is that there are some eink screens that have plain wrong waveform data, which leads to strange effects especially visible with images. However, that applies to all images, so you would see that in the screensavers too if you had that problem. You seemingly haven't, though.

Edit/PS: As it's about screenshots: If those screenshots are only part of the width of the page (so they get displayed at - much? - less than 824px width) and are screenshots of much higher resolution screens, I guess you might simply be seeing aliasing and resampling effects. On the other side, tables and charts are likely not raster-image based and it's easier to do a good job rendering them.

Last edited by hawhill; 07-18-2014 at 03:23 AM.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote