Thread: Linux
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 02:19 AM   #15
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Keep in mind that you cannot remove Adobe DRM in Linux, as Digital Editions must be installed alongside Calibre, and it must be activated. This did not work when using WINE to run ADE.

At least, this was the case about a year ago. There may now be a solution, but if there is, I've not encountered it yet.
I use Apprentice Alf's Calibre plugins on Ubuntu. I've removed DRM from ePub and Mobi files without any issues. I don't have Wine or ADE installed.

I don't think we've crossed the line yet, but might I remind people to be careful not to be too specific about DRM removal, lest we attract the attention of the mods?
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote