View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:11 AM   #8
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
First at all, thanks to everybody for responding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
Before using the dictionary function install the dictionaries that you expect to use.
Maybe, there is my problem. I have to admit that I am not quite sure if I understand the dictionary management. According to the information from the settings menu my KT has 14 dictionaries installed. And actually if I open a book in a given language the respective dictionaries are accessed by the KT. Therefore, I guess that all that I can do by managing the dictionaries is to remove one or the other dictionary, and this I have no intention to do in the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
From the full screen dictionary screen that is then displayed you can change the language by touching the chosen language (dotted underline to the left of the the V symbol) or you can enter another word to look up by touching the arrow icon in the top left corner.
The full screen dictionary screen of my reader does not show any dotted underline, nor any arrow icon to the top left corner.

If I think about it, it seems to me that there a two kinds of logic involved. 1) When one points at a word on the screen the KT/Glo uses the correct dictionary based on the language information. 2) When offering dictionary access to the user the KT/Glo offers only those dictionaries the user has selected at a certain point.
So is the meaning of "installing dictionaries" "selecting some out of the actually installed dictionaries for user-access"? Is this the function of the dictionary management? Could anybody please confirm this? If this is the case I have to use of the dictionary management, something I cannot do since at the moment Wifi access is difficult for me.

Last edited by tshering; 10-12-2012 at 05:52 AM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote