View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #5
riverhorus
Gnomic Kindler
riverhorus began at the beginning.

Device: KINDLE
Invalid PID with mobidedrm

Wallcraft,

I'm having the same problem as Haidon and I've carefully checked and rechecked my PID. I took your suggestion and entered the PID provided by Igor. Got the same error message about an "invalid PID checksum." Any other suggestions what might be going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
I suggest going to HarperCollins and finding your PIDs there. Copy one to the "clipboard "and paste it into the command line (however this is done under OS X). So far as I know the PID is always 10 characters long and the last two characters are the checksum (confirming that the 1st 8 are correct). If this works, most likely you have misread a 1 as I or a zero 0 as a O.

MobiPocket does not say how long a PID is (even though it is obvious by inspection), but it does say: incorrect PID message on web site: Here "Incorrect PID" is exactly the same as "Error: invalid PID checksum" (since that is what the checksum is for).

If none of this works, Igor kindly provided us with the PID of someones Kindle to test kindlefix.py. So try V176CXM*FZ as the PID. It will fail because this isn't a PID authorized for your ebook, but the point is this PID has a valid checksum and so it should fail with a different error message (Error: no key found. maybe the PID is incorrect).
riverhorus is offline   Reply With Quote