View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 AM   #543
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Teamviewer is pretty sweet for remote desktop control of your PC. It's free for personal use. Something like ES File Explorer is a must for me, too--it has its glitches, but makes it super easy to navigate to your PC over Wi-Fi and grab files. I've heard about File Expert for the same purpose, and I'm going to try it and see if it's better.

The main issues I'm having with ES are:
1) I can multi-select to cut or copy, but not to paste. If you put multiple items on the clipboard, you will have to paste them one at a time. The workaround is just to copy whole folders rather than multiple items in a folder, and only copy, DO NOT CUT, to avoid losing data.

2) Deleting files often causes FCs. No big deal--just re-open the app.

3) Files stay on the clipboard after you've pasted them, even if you go copy something else.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote