View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #15
Loss Stop
Enthusiast
Loss Stop is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo 1, prs 350
Have started reading the WOT again after taking a long break (stopped after book 10). I remember book 10 being so bad, but I've had 11 in paperback for a while decided to give it a shot. Sucked me right back in, feels good to go back to it. Almost done 12 and can't wait till TOR come to their senses and release 13 as an ebook.

I've read the first Mistborn book by Sanderson and wasn't a huge fan, was a little concerned what he would do to the WOT, but since the series has been in the crapper the last couple books, couldn't really go wrong.

Where Robert Jordan I felt sometimes over explained physical descriptions, I also felt that Sanderson in the first Mistborn book lacked much description at all, I had a very hard time imaging his world. Was worried what that would mean for the writing of the remaining WOT books, though it seems he has created a perfect balance in his WOT books.

I've picked up the first Malazan book, haven't started it yet however. Apparently the first book is hard to get into but excels afterwards. Also, another plus is that Steven Erikson writes one each year I believe, so you wont be waiting too long like you would/will be for A Song Of Fire And Ice.
Loss Stop is offline   Reply With Quote