View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 09:46 AM   #15
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Yeah, Widows 8 can be frustrating. It just feels incomplete. When I played with it in the store doing simple tasks it seemed OK. But when I got it home and actually started trying to configure it I felt like throwing it out the window. I only stuck with it because I'll need to be familiar with it for work purposes sooner or later anyway. After a week I am adjusting to Metro and I only go to desktop mode for more advanced settings where it forces me to.

So it's grown on me and I am starting to like a lot of aspects of it. It has far more power and potential than iOS or Android, but it isn't nearly as intuitive, customizable, open, or complete as it should be. It's like Microsoft mostly ignored what got them to their dominant position in PCs, which are the same things that propelled Android to the top of the mobile market. And the removal of the start button was simply ridiculous and arrogant. If you need the desktop, you probably want the start button.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote