View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:24 PM   #2
barb2cats
Connoisseur
barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.barb2cats can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle 2, iPhone, VIZIO
My Gen3 was purchased from the Baen group, who imported by preorder a bunch of them.

Mine was weird, and had to go back to Bookeen - but, once I got a working model, I've truly enjoyed using it.

I inherited a Kindle 1, but preferred the Gen3, so passed the Kindle on to my daughter.

So far, the Gen3 is usually doing fine. A couple months ago, it scared me by only finding about half my library of ebooks (8 pages, not 19).

I panicked, but leaving it on charge overnight seems to have fixed it.

I really do not know what I'll do if/when the Gen3 dies. I like mobi, and still have not learned to change formats, etc. (I know apprentice A is my friend, but I read his info, and wonder what I'm supposed to be doing) - someday I'll find a tutor, or a class.

3/4 of my ebooks are mobi, most of the rest are Amazon.

I'll also be interested in suggestions for replacing the Gen3 when necessary.

Barb
barb2cats is offline   Reply With Quote