Thread: Book search
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 07:42 PM   #7
Man Eating Duck
Addict
Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Man Eating Duck juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
I was afraid that it would be Barcode Scanner by zxing, it has a reputation for sending out all of your phones information to the developer.
That's strange to the point of being unbelievable. It's open source, and a project distributed this much is subject to scrutiny from a lot of eyeballs. I'd be surprised if it got away with doing something *that* underhanded. It could be that the people that package the binaries add rogue code, but ZXing seems legit: http://code.google.com/p/zxing/wiki/...AskedQuestions

I'm all for being paranoid with one's info, but can you point me to anything more substantial on this?
Man Eating Duck is offline   Reply With Quote