Thread: css exceptions
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:24 AM   #6
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain View Post
If I have this right, the ePub standard officially supports all css properties (and a couple more), however not all devices do so.

For example iBooks on iPad appears to ignore top and bottom margins (though I've not tried to track that down yet).

Are there any resources which note these discrepencies?

If not, and I made a web site database thingy that let people register css / device / epub oddities, would there be any interest in the community filling it in?

(by the way, if the answer is yes, I'd be happy to receive suggestions as to what could be included...)

Iain

Why not use the mobileread wiki - I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate guides to what is acceptable in coding up ePubs and all the 'unfortunate' quirks!
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote