View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #13
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
The article is scare mongering. Android tablets are/will be significantly cheaper than iPads. They won't be free: but certainly the 7" models will be priced somewhere around low-end laptops, higher-end netbooks with which they directly compete. So ... $500ish at retail, less if you want a subsidy and a data contract.
There are no numbers from Samsung or whatever telcom will be selling it. If there were "scare mongering" in all of the articles that I've seen, Samsung should let us know.

I wouldn't consider a $200 to $400 3g Galaxy Tab (3g sold only thru a telcom) with a multiyear contract, as retail. Monthly charges of about $25 to $35 don't appeal to me either.

WiFi only? At what price? A $200 - $300 WiFi Galaxy Tab might be ok. But if you have a $500 (subsidized price) 3g Galaxy Tab no one would pay $100 - $300 more for the 3G model, PLUS the monthly charges.

I find the prices quoted in various articles ridiculous. But it is not just one or two articles from someone who may not like Samsung.

The iPad does too little, and is too restricted for me.

Samsung’s Galaxy Tab while interesting, sounds like a looser because of the price and monthly charge (by what ever article guesstimates you want to believe in).

Maybe if it had bluetooth, and they gave you a free bluetooth headset along with a free shoulder carry bag you could justify it as a "cell phone".

The next question is what to do with the monthly contract you have on you current cell phone, if it isn't with whoever has the Galaxy Tab.

It may be that I want too much. But I have a free cell phone (paid for by my employer). I have 3g internet for my Toshiba laptop/tablet (free from my employer). I have a very good ereader (mine). But I would like something for work that would also let me read on it. The Tab looks good. UNTIL you consider what may be the total cost of ownership.

I hope all the articles are wrong. Speak up Samsung!
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote