View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #4
Piper_
~~~~~
Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Piper_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Sony 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
Is amazon slacking off lately?
They do appear to be, I'm sad to say.

I've never had anything but excellent service from them in the last decade. On my last order from a few weeks ago, however, I paid for 2 day shipping, yet I watched it take 4 days to travel to me. UPS told me Amazon sent it by ground mail.

Customer service did refund my money, and the rep was polite, but not as accommodating as in past experiences. i.e., I wasn't offered a refund for the 2 day shipping; I only got one after pushing for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt314159 View Post
I emailed them about this and they basically said, "those aren't promises, sometimes things happen, enjoy your kindle" ...at this point, I'm wondering to myself if they've ever looked the word "ensure" up in the dictionary. It freaking means "guarantee". They're going to play semantics with me? On this?
Indeed.

And while they might try to distance themselves from the word, it's right there on Amazon's own page explaining shipping expectations:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon
Also, when you select One-Day or Two-Day Shipping, we may use air or ground shipping as necessary to get your items to you within the promised time frame."
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...3043211/pop-up
Be glad you weren't also insulted with the that no one(!) was getting their Kindle shipped until Friday, and that all reports to the contrary were not credible.
Piper_ is offline   Reply With Quote