View Single Post
Old 07-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've taken a look at your HTML. The main thing I'd mention is that you shouldn't have explicit display coding in the text. For example

<p><strong>IN</strong> submitting Captain Carter's strange manuscript to you in book form, I believe that a few words relative to this remarkable personality will be of interest.</p>

Would be a lot better as

<p><span class="firstword">In</span> submitting Captain Carter's strange manuscript to you in book form, I believe that a few words relative to this remarkable personality will be of interest.</p>

and then in the CSS have

span.firstword { text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: bold }

Also, in the CSS you can specify the indent and paragraph spacing, and for the first paragraph in a chapter you can also specify no indent.

div.body p { text-indent: 1em; margin: 0em 0em 0em 0em }
div.body h4+p { text-indent: 0em; margin: 0em 0em 0em 0em }

(alternatively we could have given paragraphs requiring no indent because they're the first in a chapter a specific class)

I've found http://htmldog.com/ to be a very useful site for finding out about CSS.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote