View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoshi View Post
I would like to know opinions based on the following circumstances.
You have a book you want to have scanned into an "Ebook" format. Do you prefer searchable Adobe Acrobat PDF, Microsoft Word or HTML files… or some other format?

I am asked this question often and most of the time I advise getting a PDF however the editable text files offer more flexibility for hand held devices and much smaller file sizes.

If you can offer an actual experience related to the above question it would be appreciated.
Like the others have stated, a well-made HTML is best for converting to another format. That said.. I don't convert yet, so I still choose a format that is compatible with my Sony 505 (preferably lrf or epub). I also avoid pdf.

Are you an author wanting to have your work available in other formats or just want to have your personal library readable on your Reader?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote