View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Thank you Adoby and Robb,
I think there's a lot of power here, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I did try both sets of regular expressions but was not able to achieve results worthy of actual application (based on the in-dialog "test" results section).

For the otherworld example I went ahead and made the changes manually. There are still quite a number of series where I have this title/series issue and I will want to use the regular expression method, but I think I need to actually spend a day or so learning how to write my own, rather than trying to apply something given to me, since without the understanding behind it I can really screw everything up royally.

Harry T: thank you for reminding me to backup my calibre library.
LadyKate: I'm like you. I've just discovered the "modify epub" and "polish" plugins and they really are so much better than doing the whole "save cover and metadata in a separate file" thing I've been doing for the last umpteen years. I'm still trying to figure out which method I prefer, and which of the many sets of settings are the most useful for my purposes. But so far, it looks like embedding all my carefully applied downloaded/corrected metadata from authors to series to comments and tags to improved covers and etc... it doesn't make sense to continue saving these to exernal files, since re-importing my own files back into calibre i have to do all that work all over again. (never could figure out why I had to do things two and three times....)

yadda yadda I love this program. OT brain fart: Still wondering why it has never actually achieved a "full release" versioning aka 1.0? It's mature, well-loved, and constantly improved. Surely we can consider it out of alpha?
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote