View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorting authors with space in last name

I am using Calibre (0.9.15) to send books to my Glo (fw 2.3.2), and all the metadata appears to be present and correct in the .epub once it gets to the device, but it seems that the Glo is not using the {author_sort} information to sort by author, instead it seems to be applying its own algorithm to the {authors} information.

For example, I have a book by "Mark R. Van Name". In Calibre {authors} is "Mark R. Van Name" and {author_sort} is "Van Name, Mark R."

But my Glo is listing this author under N, not under V.

I guess it is looking at "Mark R. Van Name" and arranging it as "Name, Mark R. Van" for sorting purposes. For most names this would give the correct result, but not when the surname is made up of two seperate words.

Could this be a metadata problem, or is the Glo just not reading the metadata correctly? Does anyone have a work-around?
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote