View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 PM   #1
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Testing the so called Smashwords curse

So despite the aggression of some members here against Smashwords, I have stated time and time again that the general reader does not care. I was told time and time again by some members that having the "smashwords" label on my books has been hurting my sales.

So I put it to the test. I removed Smashwords from all of my books, and I went direct to Kobo, B&N, and Amazon so that there was no trace of Smashwords anywhere in those stores.

Guess what? I monitored sales for q4 2012 and there was no statistically significant difference in the sales, at all. I believe now I have the evidence of my personal experience that most readers do not care if Smashwords is your publisher or not. (with the release of book 4, I have reinserted the Smashwords label as my publisher, even though I am still going direct to Kobo, Amazon, and B&N.

I will stick with Smash, at least for now.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote