View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #120
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
Same brand, same model, one can be noisy, the next not.

Same brand, same model, one can be noisy, the next quiet. They vary, kidda like those Kindle Paperwhites

I was glad to hear that because the 1 TB Hitachi I can using for the primary drive on my new computer is on the noisy side, although it passes all tests.
My WD Passport is so quiet you never hear it. It has a light so I know when it's on and when it's asleep. It sleeps after 10 minutes of inactivity. I love that feature!

You want to talk about noise. I own a 1TB WD Black that I put into a Rosewill enclosure now that drive is loud and it vibrates the shelf. I only use it for backups so it's only on for a few hours each week but yeah WD Black makes lousy externals. They are powerful drives! I didn't buy it for a external. I bought it for my PC but the motherboard can't handle the drive so I use it as a external for backups.

I need a always plugged in drive that's quiet and can sleep when not in use. I love my passport but it's full now.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote