View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #12
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
These both sound like interesting alternatives to Dropbox and I like the idea of my own personal cloud.

The one beauty of Dropbox, of course, is that you can give access to different people for certain folders and share large files with them no matter where they are. I agree with you Daffy, that you can quickly use up your "free" dropbox allotment and that's a huge problem of using it for something like your Calibre library.

cheers
The same can be done with the PogoPlug.
What about file syncing -- something that Dropbox does extremely well. If you establish a "My Dropbox" folder in multiple computers, every time any of those computers is connected to the Internet, all of the files in the folder are updated to the latest versions. Will Pogoplug do that?

Also, Dropbox gives you 30 days' worth of undelete for all files in the Dropbox folder. Invaluable.

If Pogoplug doesn't offer those features, the next question is: Will Pogoplug and Dropbox coexist peacefully?
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote