View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #69
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGozit View Post
Trying not to repeat anyone else...

Looking at my wall - Michael Scott Rohan - Winter of the World series (4 books, plus a couple in the same world).
I'll also recommend _Chase the Morning_, _The Gates of Noon_ and _Cloud Castles_, three books of the "Spiral" series (with a fourth, _Maxie's Demon_, I haven't read yet.) Among other things, one of the few uses of Voudon Loas that I've seen pop up in fantasy.

Quote:
Clifford D Simak - "Time is the Simplest Thing". I like all Simak - but I love that one.
As do I, and I'll toss in _The Goblin Reservation_ Gotta love a book where the English Department at a University is peeved at the Deaprtment of Time Travel, which has not only proved that Shakespeare didn't write the plays attributed to him, but brought Will himself forward in time to lecture about it.

Quote:
Harry Harrison - Deathworld series and The Stainless Steel Rat series (although the SSR were best in the first 2 or 3 books - they got a bit same old after that)
The first Stainless Steel Rat book was a minor classic, and the next two in the series are worth reading. Beyond that, they get repetitive and shallow.

One of the SSR stories is at Project Gutenberg: The Misplaced Battleship
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote