View Single Post
Old 10-30-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
jckatz
Connoisseur
jckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litterjckatz doesn't litter

Device: SONY PSR-500
Smile Please don't use Sony Library software in....

Yes I read the term of use contracts before I click OK. And I think that this is new language in version 3 Blah blah Blah.

HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES
The SOFTWARE is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the SOFTWARE could lead to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES"). SONY, each of the THIRD PARTY SUPPLIERS AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty or condition of fitness for HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES.

I think the lawyers got lazy. Lets help them for version 3.2 and think of other places you just should install the Sony Library software.

BTW am I the only one disturbed by the thought that "direct life support machines" run Windows and can be used to READ eBooks?
jckatz is offline   Reply With Quote