View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 08:44 PM   #746
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by danilo93 View Post
Thank you so much guys!!! This was really helpful. I've tried all 3 programs - Briss, Pdfscissors and K2pdfopt, but does this mean that I need to use different crop tools on each page? As I understood I need to crop page by page and I was wondering if I could crop this document with some software that can do "auto-cropping"... Is there such a thing? Of course, this document is not the whole book. This book contains over 350 pages, so it is really difficult for me to crop each page separately... Is there any way to solve this problem? As I understand, even in K2pdfopt I need to specify all parameters for each page... Am I right?
@Danilo93--Typically k2pdfopt will auto-crop out white spaces around the edges of a document, but because the scanning artifacts (edges of the paper), this will likely not work with your case because of the dark edges. If you can position the book carefully on the scanner so that the odd and even pages are in a consistent position, then my command should still work for the whole book--I figured out one crop box for the even pages (plus the cover page: 1,2e-) and one for the odd pages (3-o).

Last edited by willus; 03-10-2014 at 08:51 PM.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote